- Follow Judy Arnall on WordPress.com
- How To Make a Child Learn Independently?
- How To Actively Listen To Feelings
- The “YES” List
- Raising Money Smart Kids
- Tips For Applying To College and Universities
- Problem-Solving: When Time-outs, Grounding and Consequences Don’t Work
- Calm-Down Tools: 70 Ways to Calm Down and Reclaim Patience in the Heat of Anger
- How To Get More Patience
- Non-Punitive Screen-Time Family Contract
- The Playgroup Altercation: Your child is the victim
- The Playgroup Altercation: Your Child Hits Other Children
- Giving Kids Their Own Personal Space
- Teaching Sex Education By Age
- Solve Your Child’s Problem Sleep
- Co-Sleeping Safety Tips
- Co-Sleeping Benefits
- Top 10 Ways to Get Baby to Sleep
- Socialization: It’s More Than Just Having Friends
- Gift Giving from the Heart and Hands (instead of the wallet)
- Peaceful Parenting With Differing Parenting Styles
- 8 Parenting Myths Not Grounded in Research
- Attachment Parenting 101
- Advice from New Parents to New Parents
- Preparing for Parenthood
- Halloween Candy – Limit or Unlimited Access
- Building Kid’s Brains During Wait Times Without Electronics
- 10 Ways Kids Can Say “No!” to Peers
- Easy Grocery Shopping with Each Age and Stage
- How to Work At Home with a Deadline, Little Ones and No Sitter
- How to Survive Morning Madness and Afternoon Arsenic Hour
- The Stages of Play and Friendship
- Ways To Learn Math Without A Workbook
- Celebrate Your Toddler’s “NO!”
- Alternatives To Saying “No!” and Avoiding the Meltdown
- Breastfeeding Benefits
- Toddlers and Picky Eating Issues
- Managing Toddler Sleep Problems
- Leaving Baby for the First Time
- Letting Go of Tweens
- The Last Day of Parenting (After 29 Busy Years)
- Clever Comebacks for Bullying
- Why Do Toddlers Hit? Is it Genes or Environment?
- Screen Time Research – Who to Believe?
- How To Get Kids To Do Chores and At What Age?
- Combining a Business and Parenting
- The Science of Attachment Parenting
- Childhood Assault Must Be Made Illegal
- Video Games Gives Kids A Bigger Academic Edge Than Homework
- The Power of Positive Reinforcement
- Preschool: Nice But Not Necessary For Your Child’s Educational Success
- When Do Children Understand “Consequences?”
- Are Consequences Punitive?
- Respectful Cell/Mobile Phone Contract
- Consequences or Problem-Solving?
- Unschooling To University Book is Ready to Launch!
- Dads Matter!
- Screen Time Mitigates Summer Learning Loss
- Canadian Pediatric Society Announces a New Position Statement on Screen Time for Young Children
- You Don’t Have to Be Like Your Parents
- To Register for Kindergarten or Not
- How to Raise A Respectful Teen
- Baby Playtime: How Much is Enough?
- How to Handle a Bad Report Card
- Education Options for Preschool Children Ages 3-5
- Liberals favour appealing Section 43 – the spanking law
- Is It A Discipline Issue or Development Issue? Part 2 Problem-solving with Young Children
- 10 Common Worries of Prospective Homeschoolers and Unschoolers
- Is It a Discipline Issue or a Development Issue? Part 1 Young Children
- How to Help Soothe a Crying Baby
- Screen Free Play Ideas for Children of All Ages
- 10 Benefits of Living in a (low oil price) Recession
- Parenting teacher Judy Arnall urges Parenting with Patience in new book
- Parenting With Patience: How to Acquire More Patience
- Parenting With Patience – Is Yelling Harmful?
- Best Parenting Tips from the Trenches
- Yes, Your Two-year-old Can Do Chores!
- Sibling Rivalry Remedies
- Parenting With Patience
- How to Start a Babysitting Co-op
- Worried about Summer Learning Loss? Isn’t Minecraft Educational?
- Parenting in Public – Etiquette 101
- Parenting is the Ultimate Volunteer Job
- How to Help Your Child Understand Tragedies and Disasters
- Help! It’s Spring Break! Ideas for Family Fun
- Date Night: Stoking the Hearth of the Home
- Should Parents Argue in Front of the Kids?
- How To Keep Kids Busy Over the Holidays
- Are consequences a discipline tool or a form of punishment?
- The Myth of Parenting Consistency: It’s Okay to be human
- What’s Next? The Hunger Games: Toddler Edition?
Ages and Stages
Category Archives: Unschooling/Self-Directed Education
Excerpted from the book, Unschooling To University (and College too): Relationships matter most in a world crammed with content. Games are just another food on the buffet of learning Children love their technology and parents know it. If you treat screen … Continue reading
Update! We did it! Thank you to all our supporters! The book is now out and available world-wide in Amazon, Chapters, Barnes and Noble and any bookstore or library near you upon request. Thank you! Read more about the … Continue reading
https://tgam.ca/2rsjfpl Read the new CPS guidelines here. Excellent Globe and Mail article on how much parents love screens. Globe and Mail Article on CPS Guidelines
Wondering if you should register your child for Kindergarten this year or next year? If you have a child with a birthday late into the year such as January or February, you could register them this year or next. Should … Continue reading
When considering homeschooling a child who has reached school age or when the decision is made for children to leave a school they attended last year, parents who are homeschooling their children for the first time have a lot of … Continue reading
Bored children? Need some ideas for getting children away from screens? Here are some tips for all ages: Read about the importance of play for kids of all ages:
A new book just published to help parents curb yelling and handle their children’s anger.
CONSEQUENCES AS A DISCIPLINE TOOL By Judy Arnall Consequences are the natural outcome from our behaviours. Every action that we humans do has a consequence. For our children, consequences are a powerful learning tool that tells them if their decision … Continue reading