- Follow Judy Arnall on WordPress.com
- Calm-Down Tools: 70 Ways to Calm Down and Reclaim Patience in the Heat of Anger
- How To Get More Patience
- Non-Punitive Screen-Time Family Contract
- The Playgroup Altercation: Your child is the victim
- The Playgroup Altercation: Your Child Hits Other Children
- Giving Kids Their Own Personal Space
- Teaching Sex Education By Age
- Solve Your Child’s Problem Sleep
- Co-Sleeping Safety Tips
- Co-Sleeping Benefits
- Top 10 Ways to Get Baby to Sleep
- Socialization: It’s More Than Just Having Friends
- Gift Giving from the Heart and Hands (instead of the wallet)
- Peaceful Parenting With Differing Parenting Styles
- 8 Parenting Myths Not Grounded in Research
- Attachment Parenting 101
- Advice from New Parents to New Parents
- Preparing for Parenthood
- Halloween Candy – Limit or Unlimited Access
- Building Kid’s Brains During Wait Times Without Electronics
- 10 Ways Kids Can Say “No!” to Peers
- Easy Grocery Shopping with Each Age and Stage
- How to Work At Home with a Deadline, Little Ones and No Sitter
- How to Survive Morning Madness and Afternoon Arsenic Hour
- The Stages of Play and Friendship
- Ways To Learn Math Without A Workbook
- Celebrate Your Toddler’s “NO!”
- Alternatives To Saying “No!” and Avoiding the Meltdown
- Breastfeeding Benefits
- Toddlers and Picky Eating Issues
- Managing Toddler Sleep Problems
- Leaving Baby for the First Time
- Letting Go of Tweens
- The Last Day of Parenting (After 29 Busy Years)
- Clever Comebacks for Bullying
- Why Do Toddlers Hit? Is it Genes or Environment?
- Screen Time Research – Who to Believe?
- How To Get Kids To Do Chores and At What Age?
- Combining a Business and Parenting
- The Science of Attachment Parenting
- Childhood Assault Must Be Made Illegal
- Video Games Gives Kids A Bigger Academic Edge Than Homework
- The Power of Positive Reinforcement
- Preschool: Nice But Not Necessary For Your Child’s Educational Success
- When Do Children Understand “Consequences?”
- Are Consequences Punitive?
- Respectful Cell/Mobile Phone Contract
- Consequences or Problem-Solving?
- Unschooling To University Book is Ready to Launch!
- Dads Matter!
- Screen Time Mitigates Summer Learning Loss
- Canadian Pediatric Society Announces a New Position Statement on Screen Time for Young Children
- You Don’t Have to Be Like Your Parents
- To Register for Kindergarten or Not
- How to Raise A Respectful Teen
- Baby Playtime: How Much is Enough?
- How to Handle a Bad Report Card
- Education Options for Preschool Children Ages 3-5
- Liberals favour appealing Section 43 – the spanking law
- Is It A Discipline Issue or Development Issue? Part 2 Problem-solving with Young Children
- 10 Common Worries of Prospective Homeschoolers and Unschoolers
- Is It a Discipline Issue or a Development Issue? Part 1 Young Children
- How to Help Soothe a Crying Baby
- Screen Free Play Ideas for Children of All Ages
- 10 Benefits of Living in a (low oil price) Recession
- Parenting teacher Judy Arnall urges Parenting with Patience in new book
- Parenting With Patience: How to Acquire More Patience
- Parenting With Patience – Is Yelling Harmful?
- Best Parenting Tips from the Trenches
- Yes, Your Two-year-old Can Do Chores!
- Sibling Rivalry Remedies
- Parenting With Patience
- How to Start a Babysitting Co-op
- Worried about Summer Learning Loss? Isn’t Minecraft Educational?
- Parenting in Public – Etiquette 101
- Parenting is the Ultimate Volunteer Job
- How to Help Your Child Understand Tragedies and Disasters
- Help! It’s Spring Break! Ideas for Family Fun
- Date Night: Stoking the Hearth of the Home
- Should Parents Argue in Front of the Kids?
- How To Keep Kids Busy Over the Holidays
- Are consequences a discipline tool or a form of punishment?
- The Myth of Parenting Consistency: It’s Okay to be human
- What’s Next? The Hunger Games: Toddler Edition?
- Faceoook Parenting for the Troubled Dad of Teen
- Celebrate Your Toddler’s “No!”
- How to discipline toddler hitting, biting, throwing and tantrums
- Use Time-In, Instead of Time-out for Child Discipline
- Co-Sleeping with School-Aged Children
- 123 Time-Out – Know the Risks!
Ages and Stages
Tag Archives: judy arnall
New moms often ask, “How much should I play with baby?” The simple answer is, “As much as you wish to.” Babies love faces and the best time to interact with those they love is face-to-face contact times such as … Continue reading
The exam results are in! Your child brings home a bad report card. Your first instinct may be to punish him in order to make him raise his marks. However, will that really solve the problem? We know from research … Continue reading
It’s about time! Liberals in favour of repealing section 43
By Judy Arnall, BA, CCFE-Certified Canadian Family Life Educator Sleep cures all: Half of all discipline issues could be prevented if parents could secure a full eight hours of sleep in a 24 hour day. Make sleep a … Continue reading
“Your kids fight?” people ask incredulously, when I am presenting a parenting workshop. “Of course!” I answer. “Every person in a love relationship fights.” I prefer to say that every relationship has conflict. It’s normal and inevitable to disagree. However, … Continue reading
by Judy Arnall Your ten-year old daughter is wasting another beautiful summer day inside the house, playing Minecraft. You fear that her brain is becoming atrophied for lack of academic stimulation. You worry about education company warnings that children can … Continue reading
In the movie, Date Night, the characters played by Steve Carell and Tina Fey, are in a long term relationship that they try to spice up by going out to dinner once a week on a date night. The trouble … Continue reading
Parenting expert, Judy Arnall, discusses hitting, biting, and tantrums. Continue reading
Discipline Without Distress: 135 tools for raising caring, responsible children without time-out, spanking, punishment or bribery Discipline that you and your child will feel good about! Now an International Bestseller! At last, a positive discipline book that is chock-full of … Continue reading