- Follow Judy Arnall on WordPress.com
Judy’s Facebook Page
- How To Make a Child Learn Independently?
- How To Actively Listen To Feelings
- The “YES” List
- Raising Money Smart Kids
- Tips For Applying To College and Universities
- Problem-Solving: When Time-outs, Grounding and Consequences Don’t Work
- Calm-Down Tools: 70 Ways to Calm Down and Reclaim Patience in the Heat of Anger
- How To Get More Patience
- Non-Punitive Screen-Time Family Contract
- The Playgroup Altercation: Your child is the victim
- The Playgroup Altercation: Your Child Hits Other Children
- Giving Kids Their Own Personal Space
- Teaching Sex Education By Age
- Solve Your Child’s Problem Sleep
- Co-Sleeping Safety Tips
- Co-Sleeping Benefits
- Top 10 Ways to Get Baby to Sleep
- Socialization: It’s More Than Just Having Friends
- Gift Giving from the Heart and Hands (instead of the wallet)
- Peaceful Parenting With Differing Parenting Styles
- 8 Parenting Myths Not Grounded in Research
- Attachment Parenting 101
- Advice from New Parents to New Parents
- Preparing for Parenthood
- Halloween Candy – Limit or Unlimited Access
- Building Kid’s Brains During Wait Times Without Electronics
- 10 Ways Kids Can Say “No!” to Peers
- Easy Grocery Shopping with Each Age and Stage
- How to Work At Home with a Deadline, Little Ones and No Sitter
- How to Survive Morning Madness and Afternoon Arsenic Hour
- The Stages of Play and Friendship
- Ways To Learn Math Without A Workbook
- Celebrate Your Toddler’s “NO!”
- Alternatives To Saying “No!” and Avoiding the Meltdown
- Breastfeeding Benefits
- Toddlers and Picky Eating Issues
- Managing Toddler Sleep Problems
- Leaving Baby for the First Time
- Letting Go of Tweens
- The Last Day of Parenting (After 29 Busy Years)
- Clever Comebacks for Bullying
- Why Do Toddlers Hit? Is it Genes or Environment?
- Screen Time Research – Who to Believe?
- How To Get Kids To Do Chores and At What Age?
- Combining a Business and Parenting
- The Science of Attachment Parenting
- Childhood Assault Must Be Made Illegal
- Video Games Gives Kids A Bigger Academic Edge Than Homework
- The Power of Positive Reinforcement
- Preschool: Nice But Not Necessary For Your Child’s Educational Success
- When Do Children Understand “Consequences?”
- Are Consequences Punitive?
- Respectful Cell/Mobile Phone Contract
- Consequences or Problem-Solving?
- Unschooling To University Book is Ready to Launch!
- Dads Matter!
- Screen Time Mitigates Summer Learning Loss
- Canadian Pediatric Society Announces a New Position Statement on Screen Time for Young Children
- You Don’t Have to Be Like Your Parents
- To Register for Kindergarten or Not
- How to Raise A Respectful Teen
- Baby Playtime: How Much is Enough?
- How to Handle a Bad Report Card
- Education Options for Preschool Children Ages 3-5
- Liberals favour appealing Section 43 – the spanking law
- Is It A Discipline Issue or Development Issue? Part 2 Problem-solving with Young Children
- 10 Common Worries of Prospective Homeschoolers and Unschoolers
- Is It a Discipline Issue or a Development Issue? Part 1 Young Children
- How to Help Soothe a Crying Baby
- Screen Free Play Ideas for Children of All Ages
- 10 Benefits of Living in a (low oil price) Recession
- Parenting teacher Judy Arnall urges Parenting with Patience in new book
- Parenting With Patience: How to Acquire More Patience
- Parenting With Patience – Is Yelling Harmful?
- Best Parenting Tips from the Trenches
- Yes, Your Two-year-old Can Do Chores!
- Sibling Rivalry Remedies
- Parenting With Patience
- How to Start a Babysitting Co-op
- Worried about Summer Learning Loss? Isn’t Minecraft Educational?
- Parenting in Public – Etiquette 101
- Parenting is the Ultimate Volunteer Job
- How to Help Your Child Understand Tragedies and Disasters
- Help! It’s Spring Break! Ideas for Family Fun
- Date Night: Stoking the Hearth of the Home
- Should Parents Argue in Front of the Kids?
- How To Keep Kids Busy Over the Holidays
- Are consequences a discipline tool or a form of punishment?
- The Myth of Parenting Consistency: It’s Okay to be human
- What’s Next? The Hunger Games: Toddler Edition?
Ages and Stages
- Follow Judy Arnall on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: safety
Co-Sleeping Safety Tips
Your baby has been crying for hours in the middle of the night. Nothing will calm her. Finally, she settles in your arms but awakens and screams the minute you set her in her crib. Out of exhaustion, you take … Continue reading
Posted in Babies 0-1, Preschoolers 3-5, Toddlers 1-2 Tagged baby sleep, bedsharing. how to, co-sleeping, risk reduction, safety Leave a comment
Top 10 Ways to Get Baby to Sleep
Recommendations: The CPA and AAP suggests that for the first year of life, baby should sleep on their back, with no pillow, on their own surface, in your room. Many parents do co-sleep or bedshare and make the sleep environment … Continue reading
Posted in Babies 0-1, Preschoolers 3-5, Toddlers 1-2 Tagged bedsharing, co-sleeping, get babies, how to, naps, safety, sleep Leave a comment
New DVD! Plugged-In Parenting: Connecting with the Digital Generation for Health, Safety and Love
Plugged-In Parenting: Connecting with the Digital Generation for Health, Safety and Love Are you too busy to read? This DVD is for you! PLUGGED-IN PARENTING offers two hours of tips, ideas and non-punitive strategies for parenting digital children from babies … Continue reading
Posted in Babies 0-1, Democratic Education, Emerging Adult Children 19-25, General Parenting, Preschoolers 3-5, School-Aged 6-12, Teenagers 13-19, Toddlers 1-2, Unschooling/Self-Directed Education Tagged cell phone, cybersafety, how to limit screen time, internet safety, parenting digital children, safety, screen time, video games Leave a comment